What Does Hosting Solutions Stand for?
A hosting solution applies to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a web server handled by a hosting provider. There are various types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a peek at them. In this way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to establish a site, e-mails, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain vendors, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud hosting system would divide the workload between autonomous hosts of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a huge quantity of images with buddies or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your e-mail aliases. Some suppliers offer hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to create a mail address with your domain but do not wish to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to keep as many videos as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a web site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, etc. At you can have a look at shared hosting and dedicated server services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared website hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific web content only.